Front Photo: Anna Shvets.
Financial factors are only one aspect of retirement planning. It’s also important to consider the non-financial factors. These will influence how retirement is experienced. Such factors can assist in building a successful and joyful life.
Below are seven key non-financial retirement questions that every retiree should ask, to facilitate a smooth transition into retirement.
1. How Will I Spend My Time? Finding Your Retirement Passions
2. Where Will I Live? Selecting the Best Location for Retirement
3. How Will I Continue to Maintain Social Connections and Relationships?
4. What Changes in Lifestyle Should I Expect in Retirement?
5. How Will I Nurture My Physical and Mental Well-Being?
6. What Role Will Hobbies and Personal Interests Play in My Retirement?
7. How Can I Continue to Be Involved and Give Back to My Community?
The chance to reinvent oneself, follow one’s hobbies, and take a well-earned breather from the demands of employment come only with retirement.
While financial planning is vital, it’s also critical to address the non-financial factors that will affect how you spend your retirement.
A fulfilling and meaningful retirement journey can start by thinking about these seven crucial non-financial retirement questions.
Retirement: It’s just the beginning
Jill Weeks is the author of 21 Ways To Retire and co-author of Where To
Retire In Australia and Retire Bizzi. Information Provider For Great Retirement Lifestyles.
She is a regular contributor to radio.